Research in nanotechnology has two main objectives:
- Study and development of new nanocomposite materials, which can give the best mechanical, electrical or physical properties to improve product performance
- Use of nanoscale to manufacture sensors and devices with features not yet available on the market up to date
In the field of bio-technologies, important steps have been taken to make available micro devices that integrate technologies such as micro-fluidics and nanotechnologies.
The main fields of research include:
- New nanocomposite materials and nanodevices for sensors
- Lab on chip and systems for diagnostic
- Lab on chip and systems for regenerative medicine